Just to let you know that we have moved to a new address. You can find us by clicking the following link ;]
Happy Visiting !!
How to Install Free Blogger Templates to Redesign the Look
If you happen to use Blogger ( the Free Google Service for Blogs ) , then you might know a bit about its limitations, especially when it comes to the aesthetics of the blog, the look and feel and appearance. This was one of the reason for me to switch to wordpress. To overcome this limitation, search Google for the term “free blogger templates ” and it will return you a mighty figure of around 45,700,000 records. Wow! Don’t let the list overwhelm you in any way. It’s huge but you can find some good template designs in some of the websites returned by the search query.
Though the people as lazy as me would try to avoid much work when something is available for free on other blogging platforms, still Blogger remains a good choice for bloggers due to several reasons out side the scope of the current post and requires another post to cover it.
There are several websites that I can list here but in terms of quality and the least hassle, I would suggest you try BTemplates. The site lists around 138 templates as of now and some of them are pretty cool. You can search based on columns ranging from 1-4 columns, styles (e.g. WordPress style) , Colors, Side bar position and Width (fixed,fluid). There’s an option to View the DEMO that allows one to see how the website will actually look in full size.
The best part about the website is that it’s Hassle Free which means your desired template to download is just a SINGLE CLICK away. No need for logins, no sleazy adverts, not even loading another webpage since the click just downloads the template and you are ready to go.
Without wasting anymore time further, Let’s see what we have to do to get the template up and running. Let’s Revamp our existing Blog to the new look then, shall We?
- Download the template which would be a zip file. Unzip it.
- Login into your Blogger blog. On the Dashboard, Click “Layout“. Choose the “Edit Html” tab. You will see the section of XML code in the “Edit template” section.
- It’s advisable to save a copy of the old template in case you want to revert back. Click on the “Download Full Template” option to backup the existing template with all the widgets.
- Click “browse“. Choose your template from your saved location. Then click Upload. Your new template will be saved and override or remove all your previous widgets.You can always add them back. Note: The new template will copy over any widgets you have on the former template. It’s always better to save the previous template in case you want to revert back and cancel the new one.
Blogger templates can rescue us
Is “Exec sp_executesql N” NOT a Stored Procedure??
EXEC SP_EXECUTESQL N ‘this is the data string to be stored’ looks like a Stored Procedure but IT IS NOT!!
Look at this Query that throws an error saying Error on line 1 of command:
exec sp_executesql N’MyProcedureName’, N’@myparam vchar(20)’, @myparam = ‘3/30/2004 1:48:22 PM’
The query is perfectly fine if you assume that it is a Stored Procedure but it is used for commands that are text, NOT stored procedures. The problem here is that I forgot to set my sqlcommand type to StoredProcedure and it was being sent to SQL Server as a query string.
How to Fix Exit to Main Screen Problems of Apple iPhone (2g,3g,3gs) When Applications are Not Working
Posted December 31, 2009on:
How to Fix Apple iPhone (2g,3g,3gs) Problems When Applications are Not Working and Exit to Main Screen
When you go out and buy the latest fancy Techie products, you should consider that there’s always a Learning curve. Same is the case with Apple Products. Recently, my iPhone started to behave in a rather unreasonable manner.
Device / Product Affected: Apple iPhone (2G,first generation), Apple iPhone (3G, second generation), iPhone 3GS
Problem: iPhone Applications stop working. It just means that when to enter an iPhone application, even a default one like Photos or SMS (text messenger) , it will return you back to the Main/Home Screen, thus disallowing you to use the application. The application exits to the Main screen on the display. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions.
Resolution Tips and Tricks:
Resetting/Hard boot/Cold boot/Reboot the iPhone
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds.
Note: Both buttons have to be pressed simultaneously. Ten seconds is the minimum and sometimes you may need to hold it for longer period like 30 seconds or more. This will not destroy any of your settings or applications. For checking out an image, please Refer to How to Fix Apple Screen Issues
- A preventative measure is to power down the iPhone weekly just to make sure all the sluggish applications get shut down and the memory is freed.
- This can also be caused due to an old software version of the OS.
- A new application that you installed might be the culprit too as it might not support the current version of the Apple OS on the iPhone.
ERROR: Error while trying to run project.Unable to start debugging on the Web server.
REASON: One simple reason that you might have happened to over look can be that you have different .Net Framework versions like 1.1, 2.0 etc. installed on your computer and when you create an entry of your web application or web service in the IIS, you forgot to assign correct .Net Framework -FM version to it.
Did you look at the output window?
If you are using IIS version 5.1, then you won’t have option to create separate pools; each pool pertaining to a specific .Net framework. In this case, just select the appropriate FM version as shown below. Follow the Steps Below.
- Log onto the Web server using an administrator account.
- From the Start menu, open the Administrative Tools Control Panel.
- In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Internet Information Services.
- In the Internet Information Services window, use the tree control to open the node named for the Web server.
- You can just open the Command prompt by Selecting Window+R key and then typing inetmgr to open the IIS manager instead of performing Steps 2-4
- A Web Sites folder appears beneath the server name.Select your web application entry.
- Right-click the individual Web site, and choose Properties from the shortcut menu
- In the Properties dialog box, select the Asp.Net tab.
- Select the appropriate Asp.net version
- Click OK to close dialog box.
- Close the Internet Information Services window.
NOTE for IIS 6.0 and above:
If you have IIS version 6.0 or above, create separate pool for each .Net Framework and assign your web application to the specific pool. If your web application is unassigned to an appropriate pool and falls under the Default pool, you will encounter errors if applications with different FM versions are running together. You might encounter the problem of a 1.1 application stopping as the .Net 2.0 application stole all the resources from it and thus stopped its execution. Once you restart the IIS all over again, your 1.1 application might work fine whereby stopping the 2.0 application.